Monday, June 30, 2008

Another Quick Update

First of all, let me tell you how wonderful it has been to have David out of school!! We have been having such a great time doing so many things together as a family! Last week, we found this cute little botanical garden by the creek really close to our house. We had a picnic, chased the geese(as seen below in the first picture...actually this is where they started chasing David and Maia and hissing at them. They retraced their steps quickly because Maia got bit by one the last time we were around them!). Anyway, it was a really fun little place to get out and run around and just be together!
We love giving (and getting!) kisses!!
The family photo...we had to do the self-timer thing...Maia loved running to Dad to make it in the picture!

This picture is so precious...Dad putting the flower behind Maia's ear...so cute!
Another cute one--my two loves!
When we got home from our picnic, it started raining so hard. Maia, of course, didn't waste any time getting into the puddles and splashing around!

And finally....some of the most exciting news yet!! Our garden has started producing food for us!! I need to take a picture of the actual garden so you can see how well it is doing! But here is our first zucchini that we picked last night. It was seriously so exciting! We cut it right up and steamed it and had the whole thing eaten in just a few minutes! Delicious!!
We are so proud of it!! Isn't it beautiful?

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

You are such a cute family....I'm proud to say I'm related!! haha
WAY cute and fun pictures!! The matching flowers....perfect!

Craig and Carolyn said...

I think you should make post cards out of the pictures of Maia in the puddles! They're so cute!

Megan said...

Bron hasn't stopped talking about how good teh Zucchini was! Your pictures are so cute! I am so sad you leave soon!

Ammon said...

Hey Guys!

It's Ammon Malufau, we went to school together back in Cedar. I saw your guys' blog through Mac and Rachel Urie's and I figured I would say hello and see how you guys are doing. It looks like everything's going well. Here's my email address: keola10@gmail.com. It'd be great to hear what you guys are up to and keep in touch. Hope everything continues to be well with you guys!

-Ammon

Unknown said...

Awe, congratulations on your garden! Hooray for fresh food!

Love the pictures... and playing in the rain!

I am so creeped out by geese! Really!