I am getting worse and worse at keeping up on our blog as the weather gets warmer and warmer!! There is just too much to be done outside! So now you have to endure a long post as I try to get you caught up on our life for the past week or so. First of all, we had David's mom stay with us last weekend, which was a lot of fun! She thought she was coming here for a vacation, but we put her to work--we had some projects that we wanted to do and we needed her talents for! She got here Friday afternoon, so we went to the Falls that day and then she and David went to Palmyra on Saturday. Sunday, David wanted her help in reupholstering a chair that he found on the curb....you have to see the before and after pictures of this chair!! When he came home with it one night, I was, to say the least, not very excited about it. You see, when you can pick stuff up for free on the curb, it is easy to collect a lot of junk really fast, so I was thinking this was just going to be another junk chair. But it really turned out so good!! David and Barb worked on it all afternoon on Sunday and the finished product was beautiful!! The chair now sits in our living room....
Here are the before pictures: (can you see why I wasn't thrilled about this find??)....and the beautiful after pictures!
These next couple of pictures are from our trip to the Falls with David's mom...Maia sharing a kiss with Dad...
David and Barbara...
Monday came and Barb and I went shopping for the sewing supplies needed to make hooded bath towels, aprons and bibs. In just one day we made 2 towels, 2 bibs and 1 apron and I learned so much!! I had been wanting to learn how to make the hooded towels because they make the perfect shower gift, so I am really happy that she was able to help me with that. And I have a stylish new apron to cook in too!! Yeah! Thank you Barbara, I had so much fun sewing with you.
After David's mom left on Tuesday, life just kind of got back to normal, nothing too exciting, until today when A) garage sales started for the week (Megan, Kendra and I came home with some REALLY great stuff!) B)the weather broke into the 80's and C) we went swimming for the first time in a year!!! Maia is like I was when I was little--not afraid of the water AT ALL. Sometimes it scares me because she'll just run for the pool ready to jump in. I was curious to see how she'd do in the water because we haven't been swimming for so long, but she absolutely loved it, even though the water was pretty chilly. I even dunked her and she did pretty good (she was just a little worried right when she came up, but she got over it fast!) She loves jumping off the side of the pool into the water! Is that normal for an 18month old??? She seems so little to be so brave! My little girl is growing up too fast!
Maia excited and ready to go swimming!Maia and Xander...she loves all of her boyfriends!
The bathing beauty, posing perfectly.
Thursday, June 5, 2008
A Quick Update!
Posted by
Crescent
at
8:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



11 comments:
Maia is so cute!! I'm so happy for you to have warm weather. Yay for visitors too, Mother in laws are great aren't they? Just think, almost one year down, it's going to be bittersweet when this whole school thing is over isn't it?
Yes, Madi is way into the pool jumping thing too! In fact she totally jumped into the hot tub by the pool the other day even though no one was in it. Hopefully she figured out that is not how it works! Little fishes! Looks like you guys have been busy.
Cute photos! it's so fun to see how busy you guys are! I enjoy your quick updates! keep in touch
I just can't believe that is the same chair after seeing it at your house!! Great job! And the pics of Maia are cute as always!
One word for it all...AWESOME!!!
The chair, the sewing with Barb, the swimming!! SO FUN!
hey Dave and Crescent I'm so glad you guys have a blog. Maia is getting so big isn't it crazy how fast kids grow up. It sounds like your having fun in Buffalo. Cedar is pretty much the same. summer games are starting this week. I think I might take the boys to watch a soccer game. I get pretty board all week long. I only work on the weekends now since I don't have a babysitter during the week. Anyways thanks david for letting me know about your blog page. Its nice to see how you guys are doing. If you want to check our blog out its cassandb.blogspot.com keep in touch love
Cassie and Brandon
Hey Davey, Cresent, and little Mia good work on the chair it looks nice and relaxing. Looks like your having a fun summer, cant wait until you get back to Utah to hook Blake and Mia up for another group date.
regan.
Crescent -- I LOVE that fact you 'garage sale' and find great stuff! I don't have the patience for the garage sales, but LOVE the thrift stores. A little paint or recovering can make a used piece of furniture look great!
I love hearing all your finds from the curb and other yard sales! That doesn't even look like the same chair, good job! It was good talking to you the other day, and thanks so much for all you're doing for Jul's shower. I appreciate you so much. Love ya girl.
Hey Cresent!
Man, that chair looks good!
I'm so happy it's finally pool time here in the Buf!
It looks liek you had so much fun with davids mom! It must be so nice to be close to so many unique places! When people come here we have to creative, the only place we can take them is to the desert!!
Post a Comment